My name is Dr Trish Turner. I am the founder and managing director of Therapist to Coach Ltd. I am also the lead trainer for the Therapist to Coach Senior Practitioner in Coaching programme.
I am a professionally qualified and accredited executive and leadership master coach, coach supervisor, trainer and consultant. I work with leaders who wants to make a positive difference. I coach from the inside out, focusing on what matters to you so you can bring out the best in yourself and in others. I work with senior executives, aspiring leaders and high potential employees in the public and private sector in facing challenges, driving performance and leading with authenticity and integrity.
With nearly 20 years of experience in coaching, I am also a qualified and registered psychotherapeutic counsellor (BACP and previously accredited UKCP). This means I bring a depth of psychological knowledge and expertise to my coaching in order to gain insight and allow a deeper exploration of internal patterns of thinking, behaviours, wellbeing and how the past might be impacting the present. Clients can bring their whole self to a coaching session and say it like it is for them.
I am an accredited supervisor for both coaches and therapists, providing a reflective space for individuals and groups to reflect on their experiences, practice, patient care and leadership. My supervisees are coaches, psychologists, counsellors and clinicians.
For over 25 years I was a senior leader in a broad range of business sectors. My last corporate role was a Board Director of a £1.2bn NHS organisation, culminating in being recognised nationally as a ‘Top Leader’.
Coach to Therapist – then Therapist to Coach
Whilst in the NHS, I had the opportunity to train as an internal coach and then as a coach supervisor, to support the ripple effect of a coaching approach to leadership through to staff, clinicians, patients and, ultimately, the health and wellbeing of the population. The joy began for me on the very first coaching workshop, so I went on to learn more and gain additional skills and qualifications, setting up a private practice. I then began to wonder; what is counselling and how is it different to coaching? This led me to do a further degree in integrative psychotherapeutic counselling. So, my journey was the flip – Coach to Therapist! All these years on, I want to share my experience and skills with you, as I know first hand the exceptional value we bring as dual-skilled practitioners.
Spotting a gap in the market for professional and accredited coach training for psychotherapist and counsellors, I first set up Therapist to Coach in 2013 with a colleague. The programme has now been running for several years and is growing, so I have moved it from my private practice into its own limited company, so that I can ensure you have the whole package of training, support and professionalism.
I am educated to doctoral level (in research), and have a first class honours degree in management and leadership and another honours degree in psychotherapeutic counselling. I adhere to the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC Global) Code of Conduct and I am an EMCC Global Assessor, accrediting coaches, supervisors and training providers around the world.
If you would like to know more about my background, memberships and qualifications, please click here for a brief biography.
Meet the team that supports me: Faculty
Qualifications, Accreditation & Memberships
- ESIA Coach Supervisor accreditation: European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- EIA Master Coach accreditation: European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC)
- Certificate in clinical supervision – theory, research, skills and practice: BACP endorsed (2014)
- BSc (hons) degree in integrative counselling; Middlesex University (2013)
- Advanced diploma in integrative counselling; Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy (2013)
- Diploma in integrative counselling; Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy (2012)
- PhD (Doctorate) in health policy research: University of East Anglia (2010)
- First Class BA (hons) Degree in Policy, Planning and Leadership for Health Professionals: University of East Anglia. (2002)
- Certificate in supervision: The Bath Consultancy Group/National Leadership Council (2012)
- Senior Practitioner in Coaching and Mentoring: The OCM and accredited by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (2011)
- Performance Coaching: University of Strathclyde and The School of Coaching (2010)
- Professional Trainers Certificate: CIEH (2004)
For more information, you can view my LinkedIn profile.
To see a copy of my Equality and Diversity Policy, please click here.